You should be able to complete a standard PAR-Q questionnaire shown below, before starting an online programme. If you have answered YES to any of the questions, please let me know. Once signed up on the app, you will be asked to complete a digital copy. Furthermore, if you have a blood pressure reading over 140/80 or have chronic or recurring medical conditions, please ask your doctor or healthcare professional. Do not attempt any of the exercises if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Discontinue any activity that causes you pain or severe discomfort and speak to a medical expert.
You will more than likely need access to a gym which is home to a wide range of fixed and free weight resistance.
It is also important to always warm up properly before doing any physical activity. This will ensure your mind and muscles are fully prepared and less likely to suffer an injury.
If you feel pain at any time during your workout, stop immediately. Pick a weight you can manage and you can lift with perfect form. The weight can be increased over time when you feel the exercise is getting too comfortable.
Before you purchase a plan please read these questions from the PAR-Q health and fitness questionnaire. You will be asked to complete this when you sign up. If you have answered yes to any of the questions, please let me know.
- Do you have a heart condition, high blood pressure or circulatory problems?
- Do you have diabetes?
- Do you suffer from epilepsy?
- Do you ever experience pain in your chest when exercising or at rest?
- Do you ever feel faint or suffer from dizzy spells?
- Do you have back pain or joint conditions that could be exacerbated by exercise?
- Do you have asthma?
- Have you had any surgery in the past year that may affect your physical activity?
- Are you aware of any other condition or injury that may give reason to modify your exercise programme?
- Are you taking any medication?